Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Pit

Of USMLE despair.

Oh God, what have I gotten myself into??

I am getting those urges again to buy a banjo and tour the south-eastern US with a rag-tag bluegrass group.

It's ugly. It's really ugly. I feel nauseated just thinking about it. I spend all day at it, and at the end I feel like I've accomplished nothing, learned nothing, mastered nothing. I think this is what major mental burnout feels like.

I. Need. A. Break. From. Studying.

Like 2 weeks. That is all. Is that so much to ask for?

7 comments:

NPO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LOST SOUL said...

It is not bad to take a break when you really really need it. Take some time out to recharge yourself and you will find that you will be able to work much better after a break.

Else you may find yourself breaking down unexpectedly at the worst possible time.

This I can say from very bad personal experience.

Dr. G said...

Hang in there! It will get better.

Christopher said...

If you come through the Southeast I've got a porch you can pick on. My neighbors would appreciate it too!

Albinoblackbear said...

NPO--HEY!! What happened to your comment?! I was musing on band names all afternoon!

What about "Medicinal Bluegrass"??

LS--It's true. I did take a day off on Sat to go climbing and it *did* clear my head (a bit).

Thanks Doc G!

Chris--You say that now...not having heard my picking! =)

KarateSocks said...

I I could do it, you can too. Keep pushing through and think about how nice it will feel to be done.

Christopher said...

Well, that is what "spirits" are for.